Department of Sinophone Literature Courses Requirements
I.The student of Undergraduate Program of the Department should finish University Core Program and other related regulations of programs, and complete 128.0 credit in order to graduate and obtain the degree.
II. The Major Programs of Undergraduate students of the Department are as follow:
1. Foundation Program of Humanities(15.0 credits)
2. Core Program of Sinophone Literature (26.0 credits)
3. Professional Elective Programs (Program of Sinophone Literature, Program of Cultural Creative Industries 2 choice 1)
III. Professional Elective Programs of Undergraduate Program of the Department：
1. Program of Sinophone Literature (22.0 credits)
2. Program of Cultural Creative Industries (22.0 credits)
IV.Core curriculum 37.0 credits (9 credits in language, 2 credits in information technology, 4 credits in physical education, 2 credits in service studies, 20 credits in elective core courses)
V. Important notes:
1. The undergraduate student of the Department should follow the related requirements of University Core Program and finish four programs, and complete 128 or the above credits in order to graduate and obtain the degree. (Finishing three program in the major fields (a.k.a. one major) and another minor program; or four programs plus the credits of University Core Program would obtain 128 credits or the above)
2. Except the required courses of English (6 credits), the undergraduate student of the Department should pass certain English Proficiency Test, when graduating; the available tests and the required test result are: over 61 points in TOEFL iBT (or over 500 points in TOEFLTP), over 600 points in TOEIC, Secondary Exam passed or Primary Exam passed in GEPT, or other equally approved level of English Proficiency Tests from inside and outside the University. (Please refer to the announcement of Language Center.)
3. If the course requires part I and part II in different semester in a year as the complete requirement, one should take and finish the part I in order to take the part II, and only if one finish both parts, the credits would be counted into the graduate credits; otherwise, if less I to II or only have the score of part I, the credit would not be counted.
4. One can not take less than 2 credits per semester. The freshmen and the juniors can not take more than 24 credits per semester, only if that they reach the top 20% of GPA in the class could take more until 26 credits per semester.
5. To take Foundation Program of Humanities and Core Program of Sinophone Literature, please refer to the regulations of grade requirement.
6.The freshmen of this year (2013) and the seniors that would take the graduate exam this year should complete Service-Learning I and Service-Learning II in order to graduate and obtain the degree.
7.For students enrolling before 2009 (included this year), when taking Professional Elective Programs, please follow "Table of Approval and Counting of Credit in 2011"
8. The oversea student graduated from the high school student of 3-3-4 Scheme, taking an equivalent education level, enrolls into the Department should additionally take 12 credits more in order to graduate and obtain the degree; the courses of these 12 credits are not restricted to any regulations or requirements.